7.10.14

Coming soon! Lovely Marla

Black dogs hold a special place in my heart.   Did you know that they are usually the first ones to be put down in shelters, and the last ones to be adopted?  Neither did I until a few years ago  :(   It's very sad to think that the colour of a dogs fur would affect whether or not they lived or died.   There are many reasons for this, but none are rational.  I just don't understand it.  I can attest to how great black dogs are personally after fostering many wonderful black dogs over the years. They really are no different than other dogs.  I own a small black dog myself.   I wish more people would give them a chance and get to know their individual personality, temperament before they judge them based on the colour of their fur.

Please watch this YouTube Video on Black Dog Syndrome to fully understand this strange phenomenon.   If it helps change one person's view of Black Dogs and saves one dogs life, then it's worth it to post again.   Please...Take a Second Look...then give them a chance.



Our next foster dog is a lovely Black Lab named Marla.  Marla hails from Ohio and is 10 years young.  She's currently at the vets and will be having surgery for stones.  Once she's healthy enough to travel, she will be coming into rescue.  She didn't stand a chance in the shelter with no interest for a month!   From all accounts, her temperament is stellar.  I'm told she's the 'office dog'.   How could you not want to give her a chance? I fell in love right away after hearing her story and seeing her photo.  Here are her shelter photos below:





Stay tuned for Marla's pending arrival and close up with 
for her Professional Photos.



Thank You for visiting my foster dog blog

No comments: